The Energy Efficiency Agency (AEE) is a public, budgetary legal entity, under the responsibility of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy.
AEE is responsible for improving and promoting energy efficiency throughout the energy cycle, in all sectors and economic zones of the country, enabling consumers to reduce their energy supply costs and reduce the negative impact on environmental pollution and climate change.
To achieve this, the AEE undertakes a series of activities, such as the preparation of secondary legislation and its implementation, setting minimum requirements for the energy performance in buildings, professional training on energy efficiency, issuing certificates to energy auditors and energy managers, concluding voluntary agreements, etc.
Another key responsibility is the preparation of the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan and the monitoring of its implementation step by step, aiming at achieving the set objectives and promoting the relevant Energy Efficiency measures for all public and private sectors (sector of buildings, industry, transport and agriculture). In its day-to-day operations, the Agency works closely with other public institutions to support citizens and businesses to invest in technology and efficient solutions, promoting various incentives, information sharing and best practices.
Responsibilities and duties of AEE
- Prepare, implement and monitor energy efficiency policies and programs in the residential, services, industry, transport and agriculture sectors;
- Prepare and monitor the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency;
- Submit, annually to the Minister, a detailed report on the implementation of the National Action Plan for Energy Efficiency;
- Collaborate with central and local authorities, companies operating in industrial facilities and various non-profit organizations to create and update the necessary energy database, including the calculation of energy efficiency indicators, as well as the implementation of promotion measures on energy efficiency;
- Prepare and propose to the Minister the necessary bylaws for the promotion of energy efficiency, as provided in the Law on energy efficiency and the Law on energy performance of buildings;
- Prepare technical standards, norms and regulations, in order to increase the energy efficiency of equipment and machinery used for production, transport, distribution and consumption of energy in the residential, services, industry, transport and agriculture sectors;
- Conclude voluntary agreements;
- Collaborate with local and international institutions and organizations, in order to use energy efficiently and reduce the negative impact on the environment;
- Advise local public administration authorities, administrators of public buildings on the preparation and implementation of energy efficiency projects;
- Collaborate with accreditation bodies to obtain information on test and measurement results, to meet national energy efficiency standards;
- Develop and coordinate training programs;
- Advise end users on energy efficiency programs undertaken by them;
- Support and advise on conducting public awareness campaigns and other educational activities related to promoting energy efficiency and savings;
- Verify, if deems necessary, the accuracy of the data of the reports compiled by an energy auditor;
- Supervise and verify, if deems necessary or in case irregularities are identified, the accuracy of the data of the reports compiled by an energy auditor;
- Collect and administer monitoring data;
- Maintain and update the database with the register of energy auditors, energy service companies, copies of energy certificates, audit reports, verification reports, energy consumption balances received from large energy consumers;
- Carry out other activities of public interest, based on legal provisions and other legal acts in force;
- Impose administrative measures, according to the Law on energy efficiency and the Law on energy performance of buildings;
- Notify the competent state bodies, in cases when administrative violations, actions or omissions in violation of the Law are observed, proposing to the relevant bodies to take disciplinary measures against the responsible persons, as well as to prepare reports for offenses observed during the exercise of control as well as submit them to the responsible bodies, according to the legislation in force.
Eltar DedaGeneral Directorview profile
Altin MarkoDirector of Technical Directorateview profile
Orjon IslamajSector Chiefview profile
Kamelia TafajSector Chiefview profile
Xhaferr ShiraSpecialistview profile
Xhenis AgolliSpecialistview profile
Blerta MusabelliSpecialistview profile
Xhesika SulaSpecialistview profile
Katerina MarkuSpecialistview profile
Dorela KokoshiSpecialistview profile
Fjorel DuroSpecialistview profile